What is MindOverGut?
MindOverGut is a website dedicated to helping improve the lives of those living with gastrointestinal conditions. It is owned and run by Dr Simon Knowles a researcher and Clinical Psychologist based in Melbourne Australia.
Simon is a recognised leading expert in the field of Psychogastroenterology, which is the application of psychological science and practice to gastrointestinal health and illness. Simon’s clinical and research interests relate to the biological and psychological interactions of gastrointestinal conditions and the brain-gut axis, particularly how to ameliorate the significant impact of living with chronic gastrointestinal conditions through psychological interventions.
Simon is the creator of several websites that provide up-to-date information and free 5-week resilience programs for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS.mindovergut.com; formerly IBSclinic.org.au), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD.mindovergut.com; formerly IBDclinic.org.au), and Gastroparesis (Gastroparesisclinic.org).
Current stats about the MindOverGut resilience programs
Users to date
Feedback about the MindOverGut.com resilience programs
About the 5-week psychologically-focused resilience programs developed by MindOverGut
MindOverGut resilience programs:
- Websites that provide up-to-date information and free 5-week resilience programs for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBSclinic), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBDclinic), and Gastroparesis (Gastroparesisclinic.org).
- 100% free, evidence based, and expert developed
- Utilises well-established strategies taken from stress-management, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) approaches
- Provides a range of psychological strategies which have been shown to be efficacious at addressing distress
- It’s based on your involvement – YOU ARE THE EXPERT – YOU know what you feel, think, and experience
- Focused on building upon your strengths and abilities, optimising your resilience to better manage gastrointestinal distress
Participate in Research
Help us learn more about gastrointestinal conditions and the interplay between the brain-gut axis.
Please click the button below to access the currently available research projects being undertaken by Dr Simon Knowles.
Thank you for your interest in participating.